We are hosting our next Summer Job Fair!!
Where: 535 Northfield Drive East, Waterloo
When: March 1st 2020 12:30-2:30
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to spend your summer working in the great outdoors? Get ready to explore the possibilities in a new position that is more than just a job. Challenge your ability to grow as a leader and develop skills beyond the classroom.
We hire talent and passion!
Conestogo River horseback Adventures offers a welcoming and inclusive environment for Guests, volunteers and staff. We are located on the north edge of Waterloo. Our facility includes access to some of the most gorgeous trails in Ontario, meandering in and out of the Conestogo and Grand River, as well as an indoor riding arena and heated lounge. FT/PT Flexibility for capable and confident camp staff. Being a somewhat seasonal business hours will be minimal and mainly training based during the school year with FT coming available during the summer. We’re a fun team of people from all ages and walks of life who love having our farm as our second home and our co-workers more like family.
Interested candidates are invited to attend and asked to bring a printed resume with applicable references. Equestrian candidates are asked to come prepared to ride.
We are hiring for the following positions:
– Survival Camp counsellors
– Farm Camp Counsellors
– Leadership in Training Camp Counsellors
– Equestrian Camp Counsellors
Successful candidates should meet the following criteria:
– Excellent customer service skills
– Excellent time management skills as there is a requirement to sometimes balance a busy activity schedule
– Ability to problem solve and be quick on your feet.
– Well developed people skills. An ability to be social and engaged while finding cooperative solutions.
– Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently are a must.
– Desire to work with children of all ages and abilities in an outdoor setting.
– Creative. Willing to create and adapt new games, crafts and activities based on the abilities of the children in your care.
– Administrative skills are also a welcome asset.
Any Equestrian Applicants must also meet the following additional Criteria
– Comfortable riding in a variety of weather conditions both on the trails and in the arena on varied mounts.
– Ability to school horses as needed is a considerable asset.
– Comfortable coaching beginner to advanced riders in a group setting. Any discipline would be considered.
– General stable management tasks as well as animal care.